Blog Archive

Friday, January 05, 2007

pretty swank.

UPDATE Jan 5th, 2007: i originally posted this in October, but since LIFETIME tv is airing "Boy's Don't Cry" for the first time on extended cable, i thought i'd mention it again in case anyone hasn't seen it yet. maybe you're too young to rent it or there's some other reason. if you can get to a tv in the u.s. this SUNDAY, 9pm Eastern/8pm Central, youre in luck. so you watch the L Word premiere, then turn over to Lifetime. Sunday's a good night:-)
_______________________________________________________________
who would have thought that the girl in this movie:


...would end up tearing out our hearts for 2 hours in this movie:


seriously, if you have not seen "Boys Dont Cry," i want (need) you to go rent it right now. dont even read the rest of this post. just go. rent it. watch it. you will never be the same. no matter who you are.

_______________________


and this is for those of you reading this who are struggling with anything in your lives...

"By Your Side" by Sade

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

my god.
I love that movie!! =[
Its. so. freakin. sad.
Has some pretty eye popping stuff in it.

Anonymous said...

OMG...Hilary is amazing in that role, she never falters in her portrail of Brandon. Thanks for reminding me what a great movie that was *runs out to rent it again*

Love Sade too!! Thanks Arlan!!

Anonymous said...

I have a seriously hard time with that movie. Hillary Swank brought out so damned many emotions in me that I didn't know I had, including an attraction for the most masculine of butches. Such a good movie....so real....*sighs*

Thanks for sharing this!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with all of the above. Boys Don't Cry is one of the best, if not the best, movie I have ever seen. Incredibly amazing acting. Just...awesome.

Anonymous said...

Am I the only lesbian who absolutely hates Boys Don't Cry? Jeez.

Anonymous said...

that movie reallly
fucked me up
sorry for the language but
i watched i with my parents before they knew i was gay
scary situation fir real
love your stuff

arlan said...

i hope anyone who hasnt seen it yet will try to see it on sunday! it's life changing.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to borrow a quote from my man napoleon dynamite regarding the 1st clip if I may "It's pretty much the worst movie ever made"

lmao, karate kid was better than that =)

Although In Hils defense boys don't rocked, not just she was brilliant in it, but the actual story was great to watch probaly cause it was true...I wish they would of made a better movie concerning matt shepard, but anyway.

Anonymous said...

haha you should've got the comparison (sp) clip from The Next Karate Kid!

Boys Dont Cry is a fucking great movie. the first time i watched it, i didnt even know it was based on a true story. its only when i got to the ending that it said '..in memory of..' or so i think thats what it said, or maybe it was in fact 'based on a true story'..anyways, it totally blew me away. Swank rocks.