Blog Archive

Monday, January 15, 2007

somewhere over the rainbow

i'm pretty sure patti labelle is straight. its a shame. if she werent straight, you'd see me arm and arm with her. i know she's 62. dont hate.

she sure knows how to cater to the gays though. this is one of my favorite performances by anyone, ever. in time. and it just happens to be *our* themesong. get it patti! watch the whole thing, but check out this lady tear the stage up starting at around 2:30mins.

jennifer hudson, eat your heart out.


i listed patti's album "classic moments" as one of my top 5 of 2005 in my magazine's editor's picks. its a cover album where she does "i can't make you love me," (my fav song in the world), "i'll stand by you," (yes, the pretenders song) and "love don't live here anymore." make you wanna slap yo mama! but dont slap yo mama cause if she's like my mama, she'll slap you back, harder and she plays for keeps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that she made a point to take all of her gifts. That made me laugh.

She has THE most amazing voice.

Anonymous said...

you have a patti thing.... i soooooo have a diane keaton thing. i don't know what it is... but damn. she's amazing.... lol. all my friends laugh at me. but it doesn't bother me one bit.