Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My life as a P.A. on the set of the new GIRLTRASH movie...


Life is SO strange and unpredictable. For the past 3+ weeks, I've been working as a production assistant on the set of the new feature film GIRLTRASH: All Night Long. I got the gig so that I could learn about the movie making process in general since I knew zip about it before, and so that I could let you guys know about the progress of the movie. It has been an awesome/amazing/ridiculously cool (AND EXHAUSTING--did someone say 14-hour work days nights??) experience. We're taking a break in filming right now and will return in January to finish.

The movie stars Lisa Rieffel, Michelle Lombardo, Mandy Musgrave, Gabby Christian, Rose Rollins, Clementine Ford, Kate French and more! Check out this message from Lisa & Michelle that we recorded exclusively for YOU guys! They're dressed (and Michelle's hair is in a fauxhawk) for a secret scene in the movie...crazy huh:-)



I just want to go on record right now as being the first to officially announce the birth of a new lesbian-icon in Michelle Lombardo's "Tyler" character. I can't wait for you guys to see this movie for SO many reasons, including Michelle's complete transition from Sports Illustrated model/Californication's "surfer girl" to a chick that could easily go toe-to-toe with SHANE in a group of girls any day of the week. Mark my words you guys, Michelle Lombardo WILL BE your new lady-crush. For realz.

And check out this footage of Gabrielle and Mandy recording with Lisa Rieffel for their MUSICAL scenes! Angela Robinson (aka The L Word's best writer/director...duh) and Alex Kondracke (GIRLTRASH film's director!) are also in the cut:



Not sure what GIRLTRASH! is? No prob. Take off your top and check out some of my older posts. I mean, you can keep your top on, but you'll learn more if its off. S'alls I'm sayin. My Ebert & Roeper (sorta)-type review on AOL's Gay & Lesbian blog Queersighted

POWER UP, meet Girltrash!

Seems that I've mentioned GIRLTRASH on this site 55 times in the past 3 or so years. Click HERE to see the list, yo. And while your top is still (hopefully) off, read more about my Angela Robinson-love:

Click for all of my Top 10 L Word lists from Season 5!

Click for all of my Top 10 L Word lists from Season 6!

5 comments:

urgetobeme said...

there's going to be a movie? awesome! i had been missing the lack of updates on the webseries but if there's a movie, that's even better :D

elliB said...

SO excited for this movie and this soundtrack! AH! And that is one of my fav (older) Killola songs... :D

Anonymous said...

too true.

i first saw michelle (albeit way too briefly) in ENTOURAGE as Billy's girlfriend - aka the 'panties scene'. after singing who's that girl?, i later saw her on CurrentTv & in the girltrash short. ginormous transformation

elliB said...

I feel like my earlier comment here doesn't actually fit this post... hrm. Oh well. I'm commenting again! I have had a crush on Michelle since Quarterlife and the GirlTrash! webseries and because she seems like such an awesome chick. And seeing her now in fauxhawk, button up and tie are not hurting one bit ;)

drose said...

i miss my days of being a p.a. i think i would sometimes get 10 or 12 hours days but usually had 16 hour days (sometimes more when working with one particular houston based director). if i didnt switch to having a real job (mediating between arguing people and occasionally placing people in jail)i would be begging to be added to the credits and crash at your place while i'm earning it. lol. actually....not such a bad idea. i am starting to get bored at work. hey, arlan....