Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Cheerleaders, strippers and gypsies

so before Chad Michael Boring, Sophia Bush was in this beautiful clip from Nip/Tuck with the chick from Brokeback Mountain. didn't think she had this in her, but so glad she does:-)



_______________________


if you dont know who Patty Griffin is yet, you haven't been paying attention to me at all. and thats ok. we can discuss that later. after class. in the meantime, open your books and turn to page PATTY frickin GRIFFIN and get schooled. ive said it before and i'll say it again: best songwriter of our generation, hands down.

this is a live clip of my 2nd favorite song of hers, called "Top of the World" (my first is "forgiveness". download it.) unfortunately the first few lines of this song didnt get recorded, but they are perhaps the best: "I wished I was smarter. Wished I was stronger. I wished I loved Jesus, the way the my wife does. I wished it'd been easier, instead of any longer..."



_____________________________________


i have long believed that Liv Tyler must be what Eve looked like. you know, the one from the Bible. yeah. *sigh* man this video for Aerosmith's "Crazy" was the BOMB back in 93, wasnt it?? especially the part where she strips for Alicia Silverstone. thats awesome. its amazing. we're livin on the edge yall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patty Griffin is amazing! I enjoy the live version of "Rain" off the Kiss in Time album. I am glad you are trying to spread the word about this great artist! Keep up the fabulous work.

arlan said...

yep the girl played a daughter in Brokeback Mountain. if you click on the link in the post, it'll take you to her pic and imdb listing:-)

Anonymous said...

does anyone know what song is playing in the background for the sophia bush clip? it is soooo good!

Anonymous said...

The girl that made out with sophia bush is heath ledger's daughter in the movie.