Blog Archive

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Support Your New Straight Girl Crush



Sara Radle is an old school friend of mine from my years in Dallas. I was (and still am) a big fan of her now defunct band "Lucy Loves Schroeder" (PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!). Since relocating to Los Angeles, she's played with The Rentals and her newest band Calamity Magnet. Sara sent this message to her friends/fans today:

I am writing to ask you a favor. Next Sunday, March 2nd, I will be running the Los Angeles Marathon - my first! For this run, I have chosen PATH (People Assisting the Homeless) as my charity to sponsor. My brother Chris (who is also running next Sunday) and I are now taking donations at the following webpage:

www.firstgiving.org/calamitymagnet

We would really appreciate anything you guys can give - even if it's only one dollar. PATH is an amazing organization, and I know they would appreciate your donation, as well. You can read all about their housing and supportive services for the homeless at www.epath.org.

Sara directed, filmed and edited this music video for an older song of hers. You'll love it:


That's youtube gold...

*www.firstgiving.org/calamitymagnet*

1 comment:

J. Western said...

Hi, wow, that's amazing, I love your blog and check it all the time. I just finished making a donation for Sara and her brother (after I got her email), I check your blog and..I'm not going to say it...small world, OK I said it. I saw Sara and the Rentals at the HOB last September. Great show! I hope she comes to Dallas with Calamity Magnet or even Lucy Loves Schroeder! That's cool y'all were friends back in the day.