Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Help Lisa...Out. Pun Intended;-)

I received this message from a reader in the UK and I'm more than happy to oblige:-) Get in touch if you're interested!

I am a Drama student at the University of Kent in England and I'm in my final year of uni. I study Contemporary Performance Practice and am going to be doing my final performance on lesbian/bi women and their experiences of coming out. However, I want to make sure I get a wide range of ages and experiences so I want to interview people of all ages.

I've read your blog for a few years now and know that you have quite a large following of women of all ages from all over the world. I was wondering if you would be able to help me out and do some sort of announcement for me on your blog so I could get a wider variety of experiences on this issue.

My aim is to interview as many women as possible about coming out and use those interviews to create monologues that will then be performed in a few months time by performers chosen by myself at the University of Kent.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me on this as it's something that I think could be a really awesome project and I'm passionate about turning gay issues into performance.

People can either contact me...on facebook at facebook.com/headfirst4gerard or on my email address lme8@kent.ac.uk. I would love to hear from people via facebook/email but would prefer to do face2face interviews as it makes the whole process more personable.

Yours Sincerely,

Lisa Ellis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arlan,
I had some trouble using the facebook link you put up, just something to keep in mind..

Anonymous said...

You were looking for a coming out story...Well..heres one....I came out to my mother whenI outed my dad. Explination? Ok...He seemed to like to hang around gay men(first clue) go to the club with them (second clue) So I asked her one day if he was into that? She said "Into what?" I said "sleeping with men?" She was shocked, like she never even thought about it. About a week later she called me and told me he was into that and he had come clean (after 30 yrs mind you). Then she said "When you were around 18 you told me that you liked girls." I said "Yes and still do." She said " Is that why your marriage did not work?" "Yes mother it is." "Ok..well...I guess if your happy that is all that matters." She has not blinked an eye since.(Well at me anyway...my father ...well..that is a whole'nother story!)I have been in a comitted relationship for 8 years. We had a commitment ceromony in 2001. WE will be together forever(however long that is) I hope that helps