Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Where Do I Know Her From?" -dude on Sex Rehab "Heaven?? My Dreams??" -chick on Sex Rehab

If you think or know you have an addiction to something, please know that you're not alone and there is help. You can write to me at interludemagazine@yahoo.com if you're having trouble finding the specific websites/organizations on your own and I'll try to send you in the right direction.



Last year I wrote a myspace blog talking about addiction. I asked you guys to write to me privately (or publicly if you were cool with it) about any addictions you had. The response was OVERWHELMING. Before I wrote that, I had no idea so many of my readers had serious addictions. They ranged from severe drug habits, to alcoholism, to cutting, to anorexia...EVERYTHING. It was heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time...because so many of you were winning the battle:-)

At the time, I didn't hear much from people who had sex addiction (or the love/fantasy addiction associated), but I figured it was out there. Lurking. And the reason even people who were comfortable enough to tell me about cocaine benders or cutting themselves weren't able to admit to having sex/love addiction? I think it has to do with it being less understood, and more of a taboo thing. If you feel like you're the only person going through this, or if the people going through it are the guys who wear trench coats and visit sex stores at 2 oclock in the afternoon, then you're not going to raise your hand when someone asks who's the sex addict in the room.

This is why I love "Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew" so much. It shows you some of the different (and more relatable) faces of this disease. Ok so I know this is a reality show on VH1, but I'm not kidding when I say that it's one of the best things on television right now. Or ever, maybe. I guess it depends on if you get anything out of it. I think 90% of the people who watch this won't get anything from it, because they're not dealing with an addiction and find it hard to relate. But for the 10% who suffer from some form of addiction or another (me included), this show is really profound.

Unfortunately, the majority of the show revolves around this chick named Kari Ann. Its obvious that she's not just some brat who wants attention. She's probably the sickest of them all...and is obviously on some sort of drugs that shes not telling anyone about. But it takes away from the more compelling stories. I'm especially interested in Amber Smith (#4), Kendra Jade Rossi (#2), and Duncan Roy (#3).

This is the full length version of Episode 3. You can see the first two episodes on the VH1 website, but you dont really have to watch those first to understand whats happening in this one. Again, Kari Ann's whole deal is annoying right now, but try to watch the whole episode. It's amazing.

"Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew" airs Sunday nights on VH1:


NOTE: "Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew" is not to be confused with "Sex Therapy with Robin Thicke" ;-)


Mmmm...hmmmm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh. Think I fancy Dr. Drew.